WhatsApp for mac 2020 biggest drawback is that you can only use it from a web browser. But now, luckily, there’s a new official version that, despite being based on WhatsApp’s webapp, lets you use it directly as if it was just another application, without the need to open any browser.Just like in the web version, you’ll need to sync your mobile client with the program through the QR code (you need to scan this following the instructions featured in WhatsApp Desktop’s main interface).
Once this is done, all conversations and contacts on your WhatsApp will be synced so you can talk to them from your Mac just like you would on your smartphone. With this tool, you can send multimedia content, create and manage groups, save conversations, make changes to your profile, and even take photos with your computer’s built-in camera. That said, to run this application you’ll depend entirely on the mobile device synced to it, which is why you’ll need to keep it on and sharing the same web connection to enjoy WhatsApp Desktop on your Mac.
WhatsApp Mac Features:
- WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS.
- Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers.
- With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once.
- You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
- With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free, even if they’re in another country.
- WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone’s Internet connection, instead of your cell plan’s voice minutes.
- You don’t have to worry about expensive calling charges.
- Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app.
- You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.