Visual Studio Code Mac Features:
- Focus commands to navigate the workbench, status bar accessibility.
- Quickly switch files in the editor using your mouse wheel.
- Programming language colorization is up to 3 times faster.
- Change semantic token colors through your user settings.
- Automatic GitHub authentication for GitHub repositories.
- Inline hovers and suggestions for GitHub issues and users.
- Container configuration recommendations, WSL 2 support.
- CPU profiling, improved Auto Attach to Node.js processes.
- New Docker Compose topic to work with multiple containers.
- 3-way merge editor – Resolve merge conflicts within VS Code.
- Command Center – New UI to search files, run commands, and navigate cursor history.
- Do Not Disturb mode – Silence non-critical notification popups.
- Toggle Light/Dark themes – Quickly switch between preferred light and dark themes.
- Terminal shell integration – Display command status, run recent commands, and more.
- Task output decorations – Highlights task success or failure exit codes.
- Git Commit action button – Configure your default Git Commit action.
- Debug Step Into Target support – Allows you to step directly into functions when paused.
- jаvascript sourcemap toggling – Switch to debugging compiled rather than source code.
- Color theme tester – Use vscode.dev to preview color themes.
- VS Code Server preview – Run the same server used for Remote Development.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur), 12.0 (Monterey), 13.0 (Ventura) and Later Version.
- Supported Hardware: Intel or Apple Chip (M1) or Apple Chip (M2) or PowerPC Mac.