VirusBarrier X9 for mac 2020 is much more than just an antivirus. It’s the only antivirus program for Mac that includes full anti-malware protection as well as a firewall and network-protection features. No other antivirus for Mac includes as many features as VirusBarrier key mac. While viruses, Trojan horses, worms and other forms of malware are a constant threat to computers of all kinds, cyber-criminals are turning to new techniques to infect and control your Mac.
These new threats come silently, with little warning, over the Internet: in many cases, simply visiting a booby-trapped web page can compromise your Mac. Focusing on malware or network attacks alone is no longer sufficient to protect Macs from the dangers of the Internet. For this reason, Intego has decided to integrate the functions of its acclaimed VirusBarrier antivirus and NetBarrier personal firewall programs into a single application, optimized to manage the combined attacks that are increasingly common.
VirusBarrier full mac, the latest version of Intego’s network and malware security program, includes the many defenses that have protected Macs for more than ten years in earlier versions of VirusBarrier and NetBarrier, but adds much more. With multiple threat-detection techniques, improved methods of detection, combined detection protocols, proactive behavioral analysis, and a full range of defensive functions, VirusBarrier protects Macs from all known network-based threats, as well as all known malware.
VirusBarrier X9 detects and eradicates:
- Mac viruses
- Windows viruses
- Unix viruses
- Microsoft Word and Excel macro viruses
- Trojan horses
- Hacking tools
- Rogue security programs, called “scareware”.
VirusBarrier X9 protects Macs from network intrusions by constantly filtering all the activity that enters and leaves through the Internet or a network. VirusBarrier X9 protects Macs from thieves, hackers and intruders, and warns users automatically if any suspicious activity occurs.
VirusBarrier X9 protects Macs from:
- Network intrusions
- Denial of service attacks
- Man-in-the-middle attacks
- Ping floods
- Port scans
- Cross-site scripting attacks
- Drive-by downloads
- Malicious Java applets
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.