Virus Scanner Plus for mac 2020 has been developed by Bitdefender and enables you to scan your Mac in order to identify possible threats. The application is using the Bitdefender virus definitions, which are updated every hour. From the Virus Scanner Plus Preferences window you can choose to have the definitions automatically updated before scanning, but you can also trigger the process manually by pressing the “Update Now” button from the main window.
Other customization options include the possibility to choose the actions that should be taken when an infected item is detected: you can take no action or you can try to disinfect it using the Virus Scanner Plus capabilities. If the process fails, the malicious file will be moved in the quarantine folder. To gain time, you can choose to scan only the new and changed files and you can set a maximum size for the scanned archives. Furthermore, you can easily create your own exlcusion list.
Virus Scanner Plus Mac Features:
- Scanner Plus provides basic system scanning capabilities.
- You should become instantly aware if your Mac is under threat.
- Award-winning Bitdefender antivirus engines.
- Detects OS and Windows viruses alike.
- Updates to the latest version automatically if enabled.
- Quick scan option – rapidly scans system areas that are prone to infections.
- Searches for malware even in archives and other types of files.
- Straight-forward security status and recommendations;
- Drag and drop scan of files or folders.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.