Vectorworks launches new Vectorworks 2021 BIM and CAD product lineup with new focus on quality and performance and simplicity to empower designers.
The new release features big new items like a new Project Sharing Server and dramatic new 5x performance of its Vectorworks m1 Mac Graphics Module (VGM) due to new multi threaded code optimizations.
New in 2021
The latest version includes updates to the entire product line, including Vectorworks series Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, Designer and Fundamentals, as well as new 2021 versions of Vision, Braceworks and ConnectCAD.
Vectorworks 2021 features new interoperability capabilities with new Excel Import/Export and PDF Drawing Marker Links. A really big new user-interface/user-experience (UI/UX) feature is called the Smart Options Display which brings Vectorwork’s efficient tool palettes to where the mouse is, thereby eliminating the need to take the cursor all the way across the screen to docked palettes.Other Top Features Include:
- Quick Search — quickly find and activate any tool by simplying typing what you want
- Detachable Tab Palettes — version 2021 has detachable tab palettes that function similarly to Adobe Photoshop, for example
- New Push/Pull Modeling Updates — a new Line tool support makes Push/Pull more powerful and user-friendly
- Structural Grid — A powerful new three dimensional Structural Grid gives BIM and AEC users a streamlined way to maintain a structural grid in all views
- True Materials — true materials adds sophisticated building data and quantification features to Vectorworks for the first time, along with streamlined editing and application of materials to objects and BIM components
- Many More – features per industry series version.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported Hardware: Intel or Apple Chip (M1) or PowerPC Mac.