SwitchResX 2020 Mac gives you unparalleled control over your monitor’s resolution. Whether you prefer to use the menu bar or nested contextual menus, SwitchResX for mac gives you constant, simplified access to the resolution management options you need.
- Monitor Resolution
- Color Depth
- Video Mirroring
- Display Rotation
- Display Overscan
SwitchResX Mac Features:
- Save your desktop layout, locking and maintaining icon and window positions for all of your open applications every time you start up your Mac.
- SwitchResX lets you instantly restore your desktop even after resolution-altering events like connecting or disconnecting your external monitor.
- Disable or deactivate a monitor without physically unplugging it, allowing you to use your MacBook in clamshell mode with an external monitor, keyboard and mouse
- Link your monitor settings with system events: Key shortcuts, Apple Scripts, Application launches and more.
- Advanced features let you create and enable new resolutions for your monitor, HDTV, Plasma or LCD screen or Video Projector.
What’s New Version:
- Adds support for designing custom resolutions with horizontal and vertical sizes bigger than 4095
- Adds a lot more information in exported EDID to support DisplayID extensions from 4K and 5K monitors
- Adds an option to generate CVT-RB v2 compliant timings
- Adds better handling of situations where two identical displays are plugged to your Mac but only one of them shall get a custom resolution
- Adds an option to set brightness to zero for deactivated monitors
- Adds an option to highlight native resolutions in the menus
- Adds an option to force monitors sleeping after deactivating a monitor (prior to this version this was always done).
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.