Shadow 2020 Mac Photoshop extension for adding realistic shadow for standing objects. Supports: text, regular (raster) layers, smart-objects.
- Supported layer types: text, smart-objects or regular layers
- Choose angle (set manually or use “Sun position” option), scale, blur (shadow dispersion), opacity, color.
- Auto-updates in almost real time.
Shadow Photoshop Extension Panel UI Controls:
- Angle: the angle of the shadow
- Scale: the length of the shadow. It’s a relative value based upon the object size and it varies from shadow angle. Sharp angles make longer shadows.
- Blur: shadow dispersion amount in pixels
- Opacity: the opacity of the shadow
- Color: the color of the shadow. Usually outside on a sunny day shadows tend to have a bluish tint.
- Sun Position: it’s a feature that calculates angle of the shadow based on the relative position of the object from the Sun (point created using the Pen tool in Photoshop).
- Auto-update: triggers the shadow creation process when one of the above parameters are changed. It makes it easier to get a desired look of the shadow.
- Bonus feature: Shadow parameters are saved in the current session of the Photoshop even if the panel is closed and re-opened later.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.