Prey 2020 Mac is a small and light application that can be very useful in the event of theft of a laptop. It works on the basis of an agent running in the background, which the user can activate from any computer connected to the network to collect information on the position of the notebook.
All you have to do is create a free account and add your computer there. When this is stolen and only connects to the Internet, the owner will receive information about the location of the computer, a screenshot of the current session or currently running programs. An interesting option is the ability to take a picture (laptops with a built-in camera). In addition, a complete computer lock function is offered with information about its theft.
- Locate your lost or stolen PC.
- Remotely wipe data on your MAC.
- Display a message on the screen or sound an alarm.
- Manage up to three devices under one account.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.