PopChar 2022 mac major new release of the company’s award-winning tool for finding and inserting special characters and exploring fonts. PopChar X 9 brings cool new features to explore information about characters of a font from different perspectives. A new Character Info window shows information about the character’s Unicode encoding as well as typographic properties. New in PopChar X 9 Mac Crack is also the option to assign custom names to characters and use these names for finding characters afterwards.
Another great new feature is the Fonts tab, which shows a list of all fonts that contain the selected character. This is a quick way to compare what the same character looks like in different fonts. PopChar X Crack for Mac also supports Unicode 13 and comes with a built-in layout for Emoji 13.0 that offers easy access to all emoji characters as defined in the newest standard. New on board is also a new built-in layout for the symbols in the “San Francisco” fonts.
Needless to say that PopChar 9 is compatible with Apple’s latest macOS Big Sur (11.0). It contains numerous adaptions and modifications behind the scenes to make PopChar a first-class citizen on Big Sur. With all that, further new features as well as improved usability and convenience, PopChar X 9 is the best PopChar ever and a recommended upgrade for all PopChar users.
PopChar solves a problem faced by every technologist and multi-lingual worker. Inserting special characters into application documents can be frustrating and results in a steady loss of productivity. With PopChar, thousands of special characters are only a few clicks away. Just pop up the PopChar window, click the desired character, and the character appears in your current document right away.
- PopChar is now ready for Big Sur.
- The required minimum system version is now 10.10 (Yosemite).
- Support for Unicode 13.0 (including Emoji 13.0).
- New “Character Info” window with detailed information about any character.
- It is now possible to assign custom names to characters, which can be used in the search field.
- PopChar can now show all the fonts in which a character is available, along with the character’s appearance.
- Keyboard equivalents for the context menu items when a character is selected.
- Supports the “Brand New Roman” color font.
- Built-in layout for Emoji 13.0.
- PopChar now knows the names of the characters listed in the “SF Symbols” application.
- Built-in layout “SF Symbols” for the symbols in the “San Francisco” fonts.
- Improved detection of cases where the text presentation of an Emoji character was not yet supported on the current version of macOS.
- Significantly faster type selection in the font list (especially when font names are shown in their own font).
- Improved visibility of the PopChar icon in the translucent menu bar of Big Sur.
- Improved representation of the names in the font list for certain special-purpose fonts.
- Improved handling of keyboard navigation and shortcuts in the character table view.
- Support for system-wide licenses.
- Faster search for PopChar character from Typinator’s Quick Search.
- When invoked from Typinator’s Quick Search, PopChar now returns only characters that are available in any installed font.
- Metrics adjustments for Apple’s new “SF Compact” and “SF Pro” fonts.
- Improved visual feedback for certain operations on the selected character.
- The “corner P” now uses a representation that is easy to see against any background, especially in Big Sur’s translucent menu bar.
- Works around a problem where certain hard-wired keyboard shortcuts did not work when the font list was active.
- Fixes a vertical alignment issue when Apple Color Emoji characters were displayed in small sizes.
- Fixes a problem where some context menu commands sometimes did not correctly process the selected character.
- Fixes a problem with horizontally clipped icons in the “San Francisco” fonts.
- Works around a crash caused by incorrect ligature definitions in certain fonts.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur), 12.0 (Monterey) and Later Version.
- Supported Hardware: Intel or Apple Chip (M1) or PowerPC Mac.