Poedit 2020 Mac write translations for any software or web site that uses Gettext for localization. Gettext is used widely, in many programming languages and many projects from WordPress to many PHP projects, Django or pretty much anything on Linux.
Poedit Mac Features:
- It is intentionally spartan so that the the focus is on the translation you’re working on.
- Gettext can be tricky at times. One accidentally added % may break things if you’re unlucky.
- Poedit comes with a builtin translation memory to help you translate faster.
- It remembers your past translations and uses them to make suggestions for similar texts.
- Developers can use Poedit to maintain their translation files and keep them fresh.
- It may be too simple for more complicated projects, but most of the time, that simplicity comes handy.
- It has dedicated support for WordPress themes and plugins.
- Professionals need statistics to get paid. Poedit’s word count is language-aware.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.