MKVToolNix 2021 Mac is a small collection of tools (mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvpropedit and mmg) that allows you to manipulate Matroska (MKV) files in several ways. You can use MKVToolNix to create, split, edit, mux, demux, merge, extract or inspect Matroska files.
The program will also work with other video formats (AVI, MPEG, MP4, MPEG, Ogg/OGM, RealVideo, MPEG1/2, h264/AVC, Dirac, VC1) including some video codecs (such as VP9 video codec support reading from IVF/Matroska/WebM files, extract to IVF files). Audio formats (AAC, FLAC, MP2, MP3, (E)AC3, DTS/DTS-HD, Vorbis, RealAudio) and also most subtitle formats (SRT, PGS/SUP, VobSub, ASS, SSA, etc).
MKVToolNix Mac Features:
- It is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect Matroska files.
- With these tools one can get information about (mkvinfo) Matroska files, extract tracks/data.
- Matroska files and create (mkvmerge) Matroska files from other media files.
- The interface seems quite intuitive, so my first action was to open an MKV file.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.