ID3 Editor 2020 Mac is a small and simple MP3 and AIFF ID3 tag editor, which offers the ability to edit the most wanted attributes of the ID3 tags in one window. Although iTunes offers a good interface for editing tags, it does have a few important attributes missing, e.g. ‘copyright’ and ‘encoded by’ which is where ID3 Editor saves the day.
MP3 ID3 tags are used to store important information of a music track, such as the track ‘title’, track ‘number’, ‘artist’, ‘album’ etc. and even the track artwork. The information can then be displayed in your favourite MP3 player application or on your portable player such as an iPod, a Walkman or other music hardware. With the Command Line Interface (CLI) all of the functionality of ID3 Editor is available using the command line and thus can be scripted using shell or batch scripts. This is useful if fields need to be added to tracks quickly and without an interface for example, if you are releasing a podcast and want to add a feed prior to uploading it, then this can be performed in one script.
ID3 Editor Mac Features:
- Adds or changes ID3 version 1(.1) and 2(.2/.3/.4) tags. Works with MP3 version 1 and 2.
- Simple to use interface. Easily copies and pastes all the tag information.
- Adds artwork such as album covers and can add song lyrics. Multiple tracks can easily be edited.
- Cleans version 2 tags by removing invalid and unused tag information.
- Option to remove V1 and V2 tags.
- Can change the title and track number based on the file name.
- Can rename the track file based on the track and title. No bloat, just small and simple.
- Supports Unicode (version 2 tags) and Latin 1 character sets.
- Auto-versioning for compatibility with older systems.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.