ExpanDrive 2020 Mac builds cloud storage in every application, acts just like a USB drive plugged into your Mac. With ExpanDrive, you can securely access any remote file server directly from the Finder or even the terminal. ExpanDrive for mac changes the game again by moving transfers into the background just like popular sync apps do [think: Dropbox/Google Drive]. This let’s you keep working and stop waiting for transfers to complete. ExpanDrive quickly uploads your files in the background. We’ve built a multi-threaded connection engine that makes ExpanDrive faster and much more responsive. ExpanDrive acts just like a USB drive plugged into your computer.
Open, edit, and save files to remote computers from within your favorite programs even when they are on a server half a world away. ExpanDrive enhances every single application on your computer by transparently connecting it to remote data. With ExpanDrive, you can securely access any remote file server directly from Finder and Explorer, or even the terminal. No need to open a separate transfer client just for file transfer. ExpanDrive extends the way all applications can access data.
ExpanDrive Mac Features:
- ExpanDrive adds cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, SFTP, Box, OneDrive and Sharepoint to Finder and Explorer.
- Choose files for offline access and work without an internet connection.
- Synchronization to the cloud takes place automatically when you’re back online.
- Major storage providers have left you behind and we’re here to help. ExpanDrive adds native cloud storage access into Linux for all major Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Mint, CentOS, Redhat, and more.
- ExpanDrive hooks into Spotlight Search on Mac and Windows file search.
- Quickly search your remote storage for whatever you’re looking for.
- ExpanDrive now propagates lock files in Microsoft Office documents across the cloud.
- Easily access older versions of files on cloud storage backends that support versioning, including Box, Dropbox, S3, Google Drive, OneDrive and Sharepoint.
- Connect to all major cloud storage providers, or your own server. With a single app you can connect to:
- Google Drive and Google Team Drives
- Amazon Drive
- OneDrive and OneDrive for Business
- Nextcloud (New!)
- Wasabi (New!)
- Backblaze B2
- SFTP/FTP, WebDAV
- SMB/Windows File Sharing
- Add cloud storage, like Google, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Sharepoint, and more to every application on your computer.
- ExpanDrive builds a secure connection from the filesystem to the cloud.
- ExpanDrive has multi-threaded connection engine that is up to 500% faster that previous version.
- It performs parallel transfers in the background so that you have a reliable transfer even in the face of unreliable internet.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.