EarthDesk 2021 Mac converts your desktop into a beautiful, real-time image of the Earth from space, continuously updating in the background while you work. Configure the map, sit back, and enjoy the stunning view! Imagine gazing through the window of an orbiting spaceship. Now imagine that view on your desktop.
EarthDesk features near real-time clouds, accurate sun, moon, and city lighting, and more. EarthDesk Mac isn’t just a pretty picture. As it moves throughout the day, depicting live data, it’s a great source of information. With so many options at your fingertips, gazing at the Earth from space has never been easier!
EarthDesk Mac Features:
- Projections – EarthDesk has 12 projections to choose from including Mercator, Azimuthal, and Equirectangular, and a Globe with an optional starfield background.
- Centering – Center on latitude/longitude, a point relative to the sun or moon, or any of 10,000 locations. A data subscription gives you even more centering options.
- Map Labels – Multi-color labels can be used to group cities by category and pinpoint them on EarthDesk’s maps. Labels are defined per-screen for maximum versatility.
- Performance – EarthDesk operates in the background, using minimal resources. Apart from the beautiful picture on your desktop, you won’t even notice it is running.
- Multiple Screens – One, two, three or more screens can be used simultaneously. Display a different map on each one, or span a single map across all your screens.
- Standard Clouds – EarthDesk with global cloud images at a detail of 2 megapixels. Standard cloud images update every six hours.
- Earthquakes – Watch earthquakes happen all over the world. Choose the minimum magnitude to display, select the number of days they remain, and fade out older quakes.
- Named Storms – Track major tropical storms, cyclones, typhoons, and hurricanes. Choose how to label the storm, and whether to display the Safir-Simpson category.
- Precision Clouds – Precisely geo-located and corrected for parallax, with data from 23 satellites, including polar regions at a detail of 32 megapixels.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.