With Max, you can:
- Make your own tools for sound, graphics, music and interactivity in a visual environment.
- Connect boxes together to make interactive sounds, graphics, custom effects, and rich experiences.
- No matter what you have on your table Arduino, controllers, synthesizers, DMX lighting, projectors, live inputs you can probably make it talk to Max.
- Quickly patch together an idea, make a working prototype, or develop a complex interactive system.
We thrive in the unexpected and improbable. Quickly patch together an idea, make a working prototype, or develop a complex interactive system. Patching in Max encourages exploration and invites you to change your mind. Since we began, Cycling has been dedicated to removing limits with Max. Today Max is used all over the world in museums, music studios, galleries, universities, art schools, stages, research labs, and anywhere the limits of technology and creativity are being tested. We constantly hear that learning Max is an empowering, even life-changing experience. That’s why we believe in making Max accessible to everyone. Download Max to begin a 30-day free demo. Our new interactive lessons will get you patching immediately. From there, explore tutorials on everything from sound-responsive graphics to creative vocal sampling and retuning. Everyone does something unique with Max, and we know you will too. We can’t wait to see what you make.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.