ClamXav for mac 2020 is a trusted and highly recommended anti-virus and malware scanner for macOS with the ability to detect both Mac and Windows threats. ClamXav puts you in control – it can be set up up to scan either the specific files you tell it to, or your entire hard drive, whichever you prefer. If you like, you can also choose to activate Sentry to monitor your computer and scan any new files as they arrive. Automate scans and database updates to match your schedule.
Running silently in the background, ClamXav Sentry is so lightweight that you’ll barely even notice it’s running. Let ClamXav work for you, and with you. It will give you peace of mind, and it won’t get in your way.
Other benefits to ClamXav:
- No yearly subscription fees
- Free malware database updates
- Free customer support
- Move dangerous files to a safe quarantine folder
- Fights ransomware against holding your sensitive data hostage
ClamXav Mac Features:
- Faster engine installation Improved speed of virus definition updates
- Improved feedback during virus definition updates
- Fixed issue where ClamXav was sometimes unable to remove Firefox extensions
- Fixed issue that caused confusion when an infected item shows up twice in the Infection List
- Fixed some more memory leaks
- Improved appearance of today widget on macOS
- Improved support for users who have moved their home directory to a different volume
- Plugged some memory leaks in the privileged helper
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.