Charles 2019 Mac is a web proxy that runs on your own computer. Your web browser (or any other Internet application) is then configured to access the Internet through Charles, and Charles is then able to record and display for you all of the data that is sent and received.
In Web and Internet development, you can not see what is sent and received between your web/client and the server browser. Without this visibility, it is difficult and time – consuming to determine exactly where the fault is. Charles makes it easy to see what is happening, so you can diagnose and fix problems quickly. Charles for mac makes fast, reliable and advanced debugging; Saving time and frustration!
Charles Mac Features:
- SSL Proxy See SSL requests and responses in plain text.
- Bandwidth limitation to simulate slower Internet connections including latency.
- Debugging AJAX requests and see XML and JSON responses as a tree or as text.
- AMF View the contents of messages Flash Remoting / Flex Remoting as a tree.
- Repeat requests to test substantive changes.
- Edit requests to test different inputs.
- Breakpoints to intercept and edit requests or responses.
- Validate HTML responses, CSS and RSS / Atom recorded using the W3C validator
- The following features are what I believe to be the dominant characteristics of Charles.
- The best way to explore these features and discover other is to download the free trial version.
- Charles can act as a man in the middle for HTTP / SSL communication.
- Charles simulates modem speeds by effectively reducing your bandwidth and introducing latency.
- You can experience an entire website as a modem user can (Simulator bandwidth).
- Charles is useful for developing XML Web browsers, such as AJAX.
- Charles natively supports JSON, JSON-RPC and SOAP; Each showing a simplified tree format for easy viewing and debugging.
- You can view the contents of LoadVariables, LoadMovie and XML loads.
- Automatic browser settings and proxy settings System.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.