Avid Media Composer 2020 Mac Media Composer is the most proven video editing software in the industry, trusted by professional editors in every segment of movie making, television, broadcast, and streaming media.
Designed to handle high volumes of disparate file-based media, Media Composer delivers accelerated high-res and HD workflows, real-time collaboration, and powerful media management, eliminating time-consuming tasks so you can focus on telling a great story. And now the choice is yours—edit on premises, or remotely through the cloud—access through a low-cost subscription, on-demand via floating license, or own it outright—making Media Composer the most versatile and accessible tool for professional creative editorial.
What’s new in Media Composer:
- You can set a custom frame size for your project.
- The editing application includes native support for Sony XAVC-I format.
- Media Composer now includes native support for Apple ProRes 2K/4K/UHD media
- You can now remove color adapters from a sequence before you send it for color correction on another system.
- You can now manage your default setting for linked media.
- An option for Mix to Black has been added to the Target Mask submenu in the Source and Record viewers.
- The editing application supports previewing Closed Captioning in the monitors and Timeline.
- You can quickly search for text in the Timeline.
- A number of improvements have been made to the Lists Tool.
- You can resize a single monitor to a larger size than in previous releases.
- AMA is now referenced as Link in the editing application. All import and export settings for scaling of color levels from full range (RGB) to legal range (video) have been updated with more intuitive terminology.
- The source side adapters icons are now represented individually so that you can quickly see which adapter has been applied to the clip. The display of these icons can be turned on/off individually.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.