Downie 2020 Mac ever wished you could save a video from the Internet? Search no more, Downie is what you’re looking for. Easily download videos from thousands of different sites.
Downie Mac Features:
- Supports many sites – currently supports over 1,000 different sites (including YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and the number is rapidly growing.
- 4K video YouTube support – unlike many other YouTube downloaders, Downie supports HD video on YouTube, up to 4K.
- Postprocessing – need your video in MP4 for iTunes? Or want just the audio track? No problem, Downie can handle this for you automatically!
- Quick support – I respond to emails usually within 24 hours and often add support for requested sites in the next update.
- Frequent updates – Don‘t wait weeks for new sites to be supported, or bugs to be fixed! Downie is updated about once a week with new features, sites supported, etc.
- International – not only that Downie supports country-specific sites, it is localized into various languages. If your language is missing, contact us – we can offer you a free license in exchange for a translation.
Downie 4 brings many new features, main being listed here:
- Updated UI – the UI has been revised and updated, offering more options at the tip of the mouse.
- Major speed improvements – several links can now be loaded at once and YouTube videos get prepared for downloads about 6x faster than in Downie 3 (based on time required to process a 30-item YouTube playlist on iMac 27.
- Sandbox – Downie 4 is now sandboxed for better security.
- Metadata Improvements – the metadata that Downie gathers can be written into an external JSON file for further custom processing.
- Improved User-Guided Extraction – the UGE window now has history, allows saving favorites and much more.
- Customizable Postprocessing – you can now write your own shell script to handle custom postprocessing.
- Option to Go Menu-Only – the long-awaited ability to run Downie just in the menu bar has finally arrived.
- Much, much more! – many minor improvements, like custom naming schemes, option to force MP4 downloads, better cancellation, priority flags, etc.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.