Acon Digital Mastering Suite 2020 Mac consists of five plug-ins for audio mastering that were designed for ultimate signal transparency: Dynamics is a combined compressor, expander or gate. Dynamics is a combined compressor, expander or gate. The look-ahead can be set anywhere from 0 to 30 milliseconds and the intelligent algorithm ensures a band-limited gain signal which reduces potential distortion to a minimum even with minimal attack and release times.
You can use up to 4 times oversampling to further reduce distortion. The side chain signal can be either internal or external and there’s a full blown side chain equalizer integrated with low cut, low shelf, peak, high shelf and high cut filters. The complexity of algorithms is not reflected in the intuitive user interface which provides graphical visualizations of all aspects of the processing.
Multiband Dynamics is the multiband extension of Dynamics which allows dynamic processing in up to four separate bands. You can freely set the cross-over frequencies and even the filter slopes can be set freely in the range 6 and 48 dB per octave. Multiband Dynamics operates in linear phase mode to avoid phase issues between the processed bands.
Acon Digital Mastering Suite Mac Features:
- Limit is a transparent limiter with intelligent look-ahead in the range 0 to 30 milliseconds that reduces distortion to a minimum.
- The limiting is performed in a two step process with a pre-compressor follower by the actual peak limiting algorithm.
- You can use up to 4 times oversampling for true peak limiting and to further reduce distortion.
- Equalize is a parametric equalizer. Unlike other equalizers, you can freely adjust not only center frequency, gain and bandwidths.
- The filter slope can be set anywhere from 3 dB to ultra-sharp 120 dB per octave.
- You can operate Equalize as a zero latency plug-in when using the minimum phase mode, choose to preserve the phase relationships in the linear phase mode or use the unique mixed phase mode.
- The mixed phase mode allows you to set the latency freely in the range 5 to 120 milliseconds while preserving the phase relationships as far as possible.
- That gives a unique control over potential pre-ringing artifacts which is a common problem with linear phase filtering.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.