Zerene Stacker PRO 2020 Mac is a focus stacking program designed specifically for challenging macro subjects and discerning photographers. Of course it works great with simpler subjects, close-ups, and landscapes also! This subject is a common fruit fly, as seen through a 100X microscope. Individual image on the left, stacked result on the right.
Why use it?
Zerene Stacker has several advantages over other commonly used stacking programs:
- Highest quality output images, especially in difficult cases.
- Accurate and robust alignment and interpolation.
- Advanced stacking algorithms.
- Clean handling of hairs and bristles – no halos or contour lines.
- Preserves low contrast detail and avoids “stacking mush” with deep stacks.
- Fast and flexible retouching makes it easy to combine the best features of multiple algorithms as well as original frames.
- Retouching supported by all versions, even at the lowest price.
- Supports 8- and 16-bit input and output files.
- Can generate stereo and 3-D rocking animations from a single stack, even for difficult subjects with structural overlaps and bristles.
- Fully utilizes modern multi-core processors and multi-processor computers.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina) and Later Version.
- Supported hardware: Intel or PowerPC Mac.